- Research Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, 03/2017 – present
- Research Scientist, University of Chicago, 09/2016 – 03/2017
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Argonne National Laboratory, 10/2012 – 09/2016
- Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, University of Birmingham (UK), 2012
- B.Sc., Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2008
Honors and Awards
- Argonne Director’s Competitive Grant, 2015
- Moreton Prize, University of Birmingham 2012, 2011
- Postgraduate Teaching Assistantship, University of Birmingham, 2009
- Midlands Physics Alliance Graduate School Scholarship, UK, 2008
- Overseas Research Student Scholarship, UK, 2008
- HSP Huygens Scholarship, Netherlands, 2008 (declined)
American Physical Society, Materials Research Society
- NSF DMR Award “Transport, Fluctuation, and Nonequilibrium Phase Transition in Atomically Thin Crystalline Van der Waals Superconductors”, with Philip Kim (Harvard) and Valerii Vinokur (Argonne), 2018 – 2021
- NSF BSF Award “Non-equilibrium phase transitions in thin superconductors”, 2019-2021
- Argonne Laboratory Directed R&D Grant “Theory of Out-of-Equilibrium Phase Transitions”, 2015 – 2018
- Xufeng Zhang, Alexey Galda, Xu Han, Dafei Jin, V.M. Vinokur, Broadband Nonreciprocity Enabled by Strong Coupling of Magnons and Microwave Photons Physical Review Applied 13, 044039 (2020).
- Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Exceptional points in classical spin dynamics, Nature Scientific Reports 9, 17484 (2019).
- Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Parity-time symmetry breaking in spin chains, Physical Review B 97, 201411(R) (2018).
- [Review] A.A. Varlamov, Alexey Galda, A. Glatz, Fluctuation spectroscopy: From Rayleigh-Jeans waves to Abrikosov vortex clusters, Reviews of Modern Physics 90, 015009 (2018).
- Lankhorst, N. Poccia, M.P. Stehno, Alexey Galda, H. Barman, F. Coneri, H. Hilgenkamp, A. Brinkman, A.A. Golubov, V. Tripathi, T.I. Baturina, V.M. Vinokur, Scaling universality at the dynamic vortex Mott transition, Physical Review B 97, 020504(R) (2018).
- Alexey Galda, M. Vinokur, Linear dynamics of classical spin as Möbius transformation, Nature Scientific Reports 7, 1168 (2017).
- Louk Rademaker, V.M. Vinokur, Alexey Galda, Universality and critical behavior of the dynamical Mott transition in a system with long-range interactions, Nature Scientific Reports 7, 44044 (2017).
- Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Parity-time symmetry breaking in magnetic systems, Physical Review B 94, 020408(R) (2016).
- Tripathi, Alexey Galda, H. Barban, V.M. Vinokur, Parity-time symmetry-breaking mechanism of dynamic Mott transition in dissipative systems, Physical Review B 94, 041104(R) (2016).
- Glatz, Alexey Galda, A.A. Varlamov, Effect of fluctuations on the NMR relaxation beyond the Abrikosov vortex lattice, Physical Review B 92, 054513 (2015).
- Alexey Galda, A.S. Mel’nikov, V.M. Vinokur, Resonant tunneling of fluctuation Cooper pairs, Featured in DOE’s Science Highlights and Argonne’s Featured Stories, Nature Scientific Reports 5, 8315 (2015).
- V. Yurkevich, Alexey Galda, O.M. Yevtushenko, Igor V. Lerner, Duality of weak and strong scatterer in a Luttinger liquid coupled to massless bosons, Physical Review Letters 110, 136405 (2013).
- Alexey Galda, I.V. Yurkevich, Igor V. Lerner, Effect of electron-phonon coupling on transmission through Luttinger liquid hybridized with resonant level, Europhysics Letters 93, 17009 (2011).
- Alexey Galda, I.V. Yurkevich, Igor V. Lerner, Impurity Scattering in a Luttinger liquid with electron phonon coupling, Featured as Editor’s Suggestion, Physical Review B 83, 041106(R) (2011).