- Research Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, 03/2017 – present
- Research Scientist, University of Chicago, 09/2016 – 03/2017
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Argonne National Laboratory, 10/2012 – 09/2016
- Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, University of Birmingham (UK), 2012
- B.Sc., Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2008
Honors and Awards
- Argonne Director’s Competitive Grant, 2015
- Moreton Prize, University of Birmingham 2012, 2011
- Postgraduate Teaching Assistantship, University of Birmingham, 2009
- Midlands Physics Alliance Graduate School Scholarship, UK, 2008
- Overseas Research Student Scholarship, UK, 2008
- HSP Huygens Scholarship, Netherlands, 2008 (declined)
American Physical Society, Materials Research Society
- NSF-BSF Award “Transport, Fluctuation, and Nonequilibrium Phase Transition in Atomically Thin Crystalline Van der Waals Superconductors”, with Philip Kim (Harvard) and Valerii Vinokur (Argonne), 2018 – 2021
- Argonne Laboratory Directed R&D Grant “Theory of Out-of-Equilibrium Phase Transitions”, 2015 – 2018
- Parity-time symmetry breaking in spin chains Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Physical Review B97, 201411(R) (2018).
- Fluctuation spectroscopy: From Rayleigh-Jeans waves to Abrikosov vortex clusters A.A. Varlamov, Alexey Galda, A. Glatz, Reviews of Modern Physics 90, 015009 (2018).
- Scaling universality at the dynamic vortex Mott transition Alexey Galda et al., Physical Review B 97, 020504(R) (2018).
- Linear dynamics of classical spin as Möbius transformation Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Nature Scientific Reports 7, 1168 (2017).
- Universality and critical behavior of the dynamical Mott transition in a system with long-range interactions Louk Rademaker, V.M. Vinokur, Alexey Galda, Nature Scientific Reports 7, 44044 (2017).
- Spin-transfer torque-induced parity-time symmetry-breaking Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Proceedings Superstripes-2017 (Superstripes Press, Rome, Italy, 2017).
- Parity-time symmetry breaking in magnetic systems Alexey Galda, V.M. Vinokur, Physical Review B 94, 020408(R) (2016).
- Parity-time symmetry-breaking mechanism of dynamic Mott transition in dissipative systems V. Tripathi, Alexey Galda, H. Barban, V.M. Vinokur, Physical Review B 94, 041104(R) (2016).
- Effect of fluctuations on the NMR relaxation beyond the Abrikosov vortex lattice A. Glatz, Alexey Galda, A.A. Varlamov, Physical Review B 92, 054513 (2015).
- Resonant tunneling of fluctuation Cooper pairs Alexey Galda, A.S. Mel’nikov, V.M. Vinokur, Nature Scientific Reports 5, 8315 (2015). Featured as Editor’s Suggestion, DoE Science Headlines, and Argonne’s Feature Stories
- Duality of weak and strong scatterer in a Luttinger liquid coupled to massless bosons I.V. Yurkevich, Alexey Galda, O.M. Yevtushenko, I.V. Lerner, Physical Review Letters 110, 136405 (2013).
- Effect of electron-phonon coupling on transmission through Luttinger liquid hybridized with resonant level Alexey Galda, I.V. Yurkevich, I.V. Lerner, Europhysics Letters 93, 17009 (2011).
- Impurity Scattering in a Luttinger liquid with electron phonon coupling Alexey Galda, I.V. Yurkevich, I.V. Lerner, Physical Review B 83, 041106(R) (2011). Featured as Editor’s Suggestion